A brief Guide to THC Oil

One of the hotter topics being discussed in the industry today is THC oil. If dabbing, e-cigarettes, edibles, tinctures, topicals, or vaping is your thing, THC oil will be part of the equation. But what exactly is it and is it legal? Furthermore, how do you use it and where can you acquire some? We’ve got the answers here so continue reading.

What is THC oil?

Technically speaking, it’s an extract or concentrate. THC oil is made as follows. Soak the cannabis plant in a solvent such as butane, CO2, or isopropyl alcohol. As the plant is soaking, CBD, CBN, THC, and other cannabinoids dissolve in the solvent. Once the soaking process is completed, you remove the plant matter and boil the solvent off. This leaves an oily substance comprised of concentrated cannabinoids behind. The higher the THC content, the more highly concentrated the THC oil is. When you smoke, the THC level is about 20%. On the other hand, the oil contains 80% or higher. Thus, it is important that you consider the various aspects of the oil before you use it.

Is it legal?

Although it’s a relatively new product in the cannabis marketplace, it may not be legal where you live. Thus, it’s best to research it in your area beforehand. However, we do know that it is legal in states that allow the recreational use of marijuana. In states where medical marijuana is legal, THC oil probably isn’t despite the fact that CBD oil may be. It just depends on the state you live in. As the Federal Government moves ever closer to legalizing recreational marijuana use, THC oil use will be more common. It has shown considerable strength in recreational and medicinal use.

How do You use it?

Depending on personal preference, THC oil can be used in one of the following ways:

  • as an ingredient in your favorite edibles
  • by itself in e-cigarettes, vape pens, and vaporizers
  • to produce other concentrates such as shatters and waxes

Basically, THC oil is the all-in-one or one-size-fits-all product of the marijuana industry. That is the reason that it’s demand has sky-rocketed in the recent years.

Where can You purchase THC Oil?

If you decide that you want to buy THC oil, make sure you purchase it from a reputable dealer or dispensary. That way you’ll know you’re getting the best product available since most legitimate dispensaries have quality assurance standards that they adhere to. It’s also important since the solvents used in the production of THC oil can be toxic if they’re ingested in too high of a dosage.

To learn more about THC oil before purchasing it, contact Tank Glass for assistance at (323)-364-7952 or e-mail us at support@tankglass.com.

Free shipping

Free domestic shipping and returns on all orders over $2000